Tag Archives: fables
1. What memories cling around the instruments of our pleasure.
2. Words may be deeds.
3. Never trust the advice of a man in difficulties.
1. It is easier to get into the enemy’s toils than out again.
2. Union gives strength.
3. Wit has always an answer ready.
4. Do not count your chickens before they are hatched.
5. Better humble security than gilded danger.
1. It is easy to propose impossible remedies.
2. Plodding wins the race.
3. We would often be sorry if our wishes were gratified.
4. He that has many friends, has no friends.
5. Love can tame the wildest.