Advertisements

We must never forget that human motives are …

4 Mar

We must never forget that human motives are generally far more complicated than we are apt to suppose,and that we can rarely accurately describe the motives of another.

The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky

Advertisements

8 Responses to “We must never forget that human motives are …”

1. Paul Vincent Lawford March 4, 2013 at 8:05 pm #

That is why I cannot read the novels of DH Lawrence.

2. veeshir March 4, 2013 at 8:15 pm #

Well that quote is absolutely correct, that’s why I never try to understand motives, I pay attention to actions.

I wish I could read Russian literature in general and Dostoevsky in particular.
    I tried reading the Brothers Karamazov, for instance, but Dostoevsky is just so sad and expecting the world to crush all hopes that I couldn’t take it.

3. Chris McHugh March 4, 2013 at 8:51 pm #

Thanks very much for taking a look at my blog. You’re doing great work encouraging so much appreciation of literature! How did you come across my blog?

• veeshir March 5, 2013 at 10:36 am #

I’ve seen you “like” a couple of my posts. The first time I came by I was not in a bloggy mood so I looked around and forgot to bookmark when I closed the tab and then couldn’t find it.

4. Todd Lohenry March 5, 2013 at 6:27 am #

And this applies to my Self as well…

5. odbiorca bio masy March 25, 2013 at 2:09 pm #

Hello! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog. Is it very difficult to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I’m thinking about setting up my own but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Thanks

• bookquoteshub March 25, 2013 at 5:17 pm #

It is not hard to start a site or blog.First thing you need to know is Content is King.If you don`t have unique idea then you won`t see results you expect to see.I`ve tried different hosting companies and I have to admit that http://www.wordpress.com and http://www.wordpress.org are the best.If you don`t know coding then start with wordpress.com.You can either start free one or purchase hosting plan which is actually very cheap.If you need to know more feel free to ask and if you want to learn more you can contact WP`s very helpful team and they will respond back in 24 hours.I hope it is enough for now for you to get started.Good luck ! 🙂

Your opinion matters

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s